Sunday 11 November 2012

The Essence of Tooting #1

I recently started working on a new photography project, The Essence of Tooting, which I thought might be quite interesting! Over the next few months, I'll be taking a lot of pictures in and around Tooting, pictures which seek to capture the true essence of the town. By the end of the project I'll hopefully pick out ten of the best and most revealing images and write a short photo-essay on them and on what they say about Tooting. I'm really excited about this project! I think it will be a great way to re-explore the inner most depths of Tooting and maybe make some new friends too! 

So today I stumbled across this very interesting shop in Tooting Market. It was full of African masks, drums, jewellery, crystal vases, minerals and stones, Egyptian relics and all sorts of interesting books about ancient healing, spirituality and faith. I got talking to the owner, a chap named Ernest for a while. He was a really lovely guy and shared a lot of interesting information with me! http://maatfoundationtherapies.com/
Ernest
His Shop